Debate Team, Band, Glee Club, Will Tour Over Spring Recess

Four varsity debating teams, 50 Glee Club members, and the Concert Band will make vacation trips next week to various sections of the country.

The debating teams will visit 24 colleges in 11 midwestern and Southern states. In a locally televised debate, one debate team will meet Marquette University. Among the other schools they will meet will be the University of Wisconsin, the University of Florida, the University of Miami, Duke University, and the University of Kentucky.

The debating team has offered to speak on any topic that their opponents propose. So far this year the debaters have won 81 percent of their engagements, both in dual meets and in tournament competition.

Fifty members of the Glee Club will make an "ecclesiastical tour." On the tour, they will sing in the National Cathedral in Washington, D.C., the Cathedral of St., John the Divine in New York City, and they will also perform in Philadelphia, Baltimore, and other cities.

The concert bank will tour army camps in Massachusetts and New Jersey during the vacation. They will play at Fort Devens Monday night and will them move to Fort Dix and Camp Kilmer.