Tech Will Oppose Varsity in Tennis

A favored varsity tennis team seeks its fourth win of the season today when it journeys to M.I.T. for a 1:30 p.m. match. Last year the Crimson had little difficulty with the Engineers, dropping only one set in a 15-0 romp.

Coach Jack Barnaby said, "We're definitely favored, but we might have a bit of trouble adapting to their hard courts."

Test matches yesterday led to several changes in the varsity line-up, showing that the team is still being formed. There was a complete rejuggling of the top four players. Last year's number one, Ham Gravem, defeated both Captain Alex Haegler and Steve Gottlieb to regain the first position. Heagler, by beating Brooks Harris, moves from three to two, leaving Harris at three and Gottlieb at four.

Conrad Fischer and Maynard Canfield switched places, putting Fischer at five and Canfield at six. Dan Mayers and Bon Heckshcer will play seven and eight respectively, followed by Karl Purnell and Steve Kay.

Barnaby is less certain about his doubles combinations, who to play and where to play them, but will probably use Harris and Haegler at one, Fischer and Canfield at two, and Gravem and Heckscher at three.