Varsity Lacrosse Team Faces MIT

The varsity lacrosse team will visit a weak M.I.T. squad at 3 p.m. today at M.I.T. in what should be the first "easy" game the varsity has played all year.

Earlier this season the Engineers lost to Tufts, 7-3, while the Crimson defeated Tufts on April 16, 11-10.

However, the varsity stickmen will be handicapped by the temporary absence of Captain Dexter Lewis, star attackman, who pulled a leg music in Saturday's Penn game. Coach Bruce Munro is planning to substitute Ed Ansin in his place for most of today's contest, although Lewis may be able to play sporadically.

Today's starting lineup includes Larry Coburn, Ansin, and Don Dawidoff on attack; Lee Daley, Gibson Gerry, and Fred Sharf, defense; and John Ogden in the goal. First midfield will be Lindsey Fischer, Jim Gale, and Fuzz Stewart; the second midfield will be composed of Maclay Hyde, Pete Palches, and Evan Spelfogel; and Tim Draper, Mike Durham and Mike Holmes will make up the third midfield.

The freshman lacrosse squad will play Exeter at Exeter today at 3 p.m. Last year Exeter defeated the freshman team, 11-0.

William A. Lieber '58, of Philadelphia and Wigglesworth Hall, was elected captain of the freshman lacrosse team last Saturday before the game with Tabor Academy.