Lacrosse Varsity Meets Williams in First Home Game

The varsity lacrosse team plays its first home match against Williams at 3 p.m. today in what Coach Bruce Munro predicts will be a "fairly even contest." Both teams were hard hit by graduations and are in the process of rebuilding.

The Crimson has compiled a 2-1-7 record in its ten games to date, all away.

Williams had a fairly strong team last year, but its main strength was concentrated in a goalie who has since graduated. Munro does not expect the Ephmen to be as strong this year.

The Crimson was also badly hurt by graduations, however, losing sixteen lettermen from last year's squad. "The teams probably won't play first rate lacrosse," Munro said, "but it should be a very interesting match."

Lewis Still Lame

Captain Dexter Lewis, still hampered by a pulled leg muscle, will only see limited action. Coach Munro is planning to start either Ed Ansin or Albie Wells in his place for most of the game.

Today's starting lineup puts Larry Coburn, Don Dawidoff, and Ausin or Wells on attack, Leo Daley, Gibson Gerry, and Fred Sharf on defense, and John Ogden in the goal. First midfielders will be Lindsay Fisher, Jim Gale, and Fuzz Stewart. The second midfield will be composed of Maclay Hyde, Pete Palches, and Evan Spelfogel, with Tim Draper. Mike Durham, and Mike Holmes making up the third trio.

The freshmen lacrosse squad will seek its second win in five starts against Williams Freshmen at 3 p.m. today on the home field. The Williams team is an unknown quantity, since this will be its first game of the year.