Radcliffe Graduate School Receives Grant From U.S. Steel Foundation

Radcliffe is the only women's college included in the ten educational institutions which will be aided by the United States Steel Foundation's $500,000 capital grants program.

This aid, designated for the Graduate School, marks the first instance of a corporation giving money to a graduate school for women, although such corporations as Standard Oil of New Jersey have given gifts to Radcliffe College this year.

Radcliffe will use the gift to support its expanded program of graduate school training of women in professional and technical fields, probably in the building of the Refectory and Residence Hall of the new Graduate Quadrangle.

Since more and more women are employed outside the home, the U.S. Steel trustees feel that Radcliffe's plans for advanced professional training of graduates in 35 different fields will be a national asset in terms of skilled personnel.

The entire U.S. Steel grant is designated for liberal arts, business administration, scientific and engineering training, and graduate study.