Golf Team to Oppose B.C. Varsity Today; Yardlings Win, 6 1/2-2 1/2

A winning varsity golf team expects to continue its present three match streak today at 2 p.m. when it encounters Boston College on the Commonwealth C. C. course.

The Crimson golfers, who have lost only to Holy Cross, will start Captain Ted Cooney at first and Bruce Thurmond in the second position. Bob Ornsteen and Jim Bailey will play at the three and four spots, respectively, and Roger Fleischman, Brock Stokes, and Jim Jones will start at the fifth, sixth, and seventh positions.

Unseasoned juniors are the backbone of the Boston College team, which lost much of its squad through graduation last year. B.C.'s captain, Ben Murphy, scores well, but he will have to face the Crimson's powerful Cooney.

The Yardling golf team swept its second match of the season, 6 1/2 to 2 1/2, from Governor Dummer yesterday at Olde NewBury C. C. despite a two-under-par performance by the Governor's first man, Charles Volpone.

Playing in foursomes, Al Steinert combined with George Leness to win 2 1/2 points, George Mann and Ronnie Welburn took 3 points, and Harry Briggs and Bob Hoffsis, who was playing Volpone, won one point.