Tech, Navy, Indians Meet 150s Tomorrow

After a two-week rest from competition Coach Derrick Wilde's Varsity 150 lb crew will face Navy, Dartmouth, and M.I.T. in the basin tomorrow afternoon at 2: 30 p.m.

Two feet was the varsity's narrow margin of victory in its opener against Tech and the Engineers should be every bit as tough this time. Stroke Larry Cabot will also have to keep his eye on Dartmouth, which swept by Yale at Hanover last Saturday in excellent early season time.

Navy 150s Weak

Navy's 150's cannot boast of a record to equal their heavies and they lost to Penn in their opener last week. But the race was a close one and the time was also excellent for the beginning of the season.

The JV and freshman races will line up the same three schools as the varsity, and the Crimson stands a good chance of winning these, and perhaps sweeping the day's 150 events.

Wilde shook up his JV boat after Tech easily defeated it and put in six new men, including John Hadik at stroke. The change seems to have revitalized the eight and it finished only one-half length behind the varsity heavies in a time trial this week.

The freshmen have continued to register surprising times in their trial heats and could very well repeat their victory over Tech. Five of the Yardlings are spending their opening season in a shell, but that has not stopped them from equalling the varsity's times over the Henley mile and five sixteenths distances.

Stroke Bob Foley, one of the newcomers to rowing, has pushed his crew to a 6: 51 time trial and although the conditions were perfect the time is nonetheless remarkable. Even more encouraging to Wilde is the fact that the freshmen seem to improve every time they are on the water. Their blade handling looks smoother and they are getting stronger.