$3,500,000 Given To University In April, May, June

The University received Approximately $2,500,000 in gifts during the three month period covering April, May, and June of last year. The over-all amount was divided almost equally; between that intended for current use and capital funds.

The Frank B. Baird Foundation of Buffalo, N.Y. has set up a $23,000 scholarship fund to be applied to a student either in the College or a graduate school. This was the largest capital gift, outside of a general grant of $181,775.25 by the Harvard Fund. The Baird grant was the only one, either capital or for current use, which mentioned specifically the College, in its allocation.

B-School Gets $189,000

A large number of gifts was given to the graduate schools. The Business School headed the list with three awards totaling $189,000. Four grants adding up to $113,000 were given to the Law School.

Various national health foundations gave the University six donations totalling $425,000 to promote research into particular problems.

There was one grant of $10,000 given to the Medical School from Alumni funds.