Four Yardling Teams Win Over Weekend

For the second consecutive weekend, all freshman teams which saw action captured their meets. Two of them, basketball and hockey, defeated college freshmen, while the others, squash and swimming, won over prep school squads.

Basketball Five Wins, 92-66

The Yardling basketball squad crushed the University of New Hampshire freshmen, 92-66, Friday, at the I.A.B. High scorer for the Crimson was Bob Repetto with 18 points, followed closely by George Harrington with 17 points and Bryant Danner and Jim Smith with 16 points apiece. Danner had 21 rebounds and Smith gathered 18. The Crimson pulled away after the eight minute mark and was never headed.

Hockey Six Edges Brown

In its seventh straight victory of the season, the freshman hockey team edged Brown, 8-6, Saturday, coming from behind with five goals in the fifth period. Dick Fischer and Dave Vietze were high scorers for the Crimson with two goals and two assists apiece. Forwards Bill Collins, Gordon Marlow, and Captain George Higgenbotom and defenseman Maurice Balboni each had a single marker.

Swimmers Crush Andover

At Andover, the '59 swimming team crushed Phillips Academy, Saturday, 47-30, with the Crimson taking first place in all events except the individual medley and the medley relay. Dick Seaton was a double winner, taking the 100 yard freestyle in 55.1 and the 200 yard freestyle in 2:05.4 Other winners for the freshmen were Edgar Walsh in the 50 freestyle, Jim Stanley in the 100 breaststroke, John Murray in the 100 backstroke, Frank Gorman in the dive, and the freestyle relay team of Murray, Washburn, Wailes, and Walsh.

Squash Team Beats Exeter

The Yardling squash squad topped Exeter, 4-1 Saturday, for its third straight win of the season. At first singles, Charlie Hamm topped Exeter's Dudley Anderson, 3-0, in the team's easiest win of the day. Tom Lee, in the second slot, was forced to four games before downing Charlie Poletti, 3-1. At third and fourth singles, Pete Lund and Kent Allen won easily by 3-0 scores. The Crimson's only loss came at fifth singles, where Fred Byron lost to Nick Lamont, 3-0.