Princetonians Look to Weekend As High Point of Social Season

'Greatest of the Year'

By Blaise G. A. pasztory, (Special to the CRIMSON)

PRINCETON, N.J., Nov. 9--Excitement and anticipation for "the greatest weekend of the year" mounted to a high pitch in Tiger-town today as most of the 2000 dates expected by Princetons poured into town. Princeton has been looking forward to these three days as the highlight of its social season rather than as a major football weekend.

A rally, complete with railroad flares and the Princeton band, kicked off the weekend. It was followed by the Tiger-Prince Dance, featuring the orchestra of Benny Goodman. Despite the steep admission charge of $10, over 1000 couples were expected to attend, mainly because there were few other things to do. The project, sponsored by the college paper and humor magazine, needed 1000 couples to break even.

Three of the Princeton eating clubs: Charter, Key and Seal, and Quadrangle, will be open to Harvard students on Saturday night. The bands of Ben Cutler, "Wild Bill" Davidson, and Ben Napier will furnish the music.

Besides the three "open" clubs Saturday night, there will be a dance at Dillon Gym from 10 until 2:00, featuring the orchestras of Leroy Holmes and Max Kaminsky.

Undergraduate opinion holds a Harvard upset over Coach Charley Caldwell's undefeated players a definite possibility. It is felt that a hard-fought victory over the "erratic" Crimson team would add more to excitement than an easy sweep.

To counteract the fear that the Crimson may get "high" for this game and Princeton suffer from a pre-Yale let-down the varsity has been holding floodlight practice on Brokaw Field. All this week emphasis has been centered on short passes and ground attack.