Records Bureau Leaves Widener

The Alumni Records Office will move next month into the Grant Study building on 13 Holyoke St., vacated last week by the University Health Services, Florence Kimball, assistant in charge of Alumni Records, announced yesterday. The psychiatric and research departments of the health services have moved to 78 Mt. Auburn St.

The move was necessary, according to Dana L. Farnsworth, director of the University Health Services, because the Alumni Records Office "had space needed by the library." David C. Weber, senior assistant in the library, would not divulge what Widener will do with the rooms vacated by the records office, but he hinted that "there is always a need for more micro-reproduction facilities and studies for professors."

Weber also asserted that "there has been pressure from people using Widener" to move the addressograph machine out of the building, since it disturbs people studying near it. The machine will occupy the basement of the old Grant Study, which has been renamed the Alumni Records Building.

Also moving into the Study will be the class records office and the office of the Publication Agent. The Alumni Records office should operate more efficiently, since deliveries wil be made to the floor where the office is located, instead of three floors below, as is the situation in Widener.