Student Council Approves Report To Reorganize Ticket Procedure

Football Seating Proposal:

By Lewis M. Steel

The Student Council last night passed a report which favored better undergraduate football tickets and quicker service.

A proposal that reduced rate season tickets should be sold to undergraduates in the best sections, however, was modified. The Council also returned to committee plans for resectioning Harvard Stadium.

The report listed two methods of reducing the length of time between the date ticket applications must be turned in and the game day. It recommended: 1, "That the H.A.A. ticket office be given more space in order to accommodate more employees." 2, "That the H.A.A. consider the use of I.B.M. machines for the processing and allocation of ticket applications."

In order to give undergraduates better tickets, the Council contemplated a resectioning of the Stadium. Next Monday this point will be discussed while it is almost certain that the new arrangement will recommend that students be given seats on both sides of the home 50-yard line instead of on one side as done now.

The Council also approved a plan whereby students may buy season tickets for home games, although at the standard rate rather than a reduced price as was originally proposed. The purchase of such tickets automatically saves the buyer approximately 20 percent on single-ticket rates.

In other business, Edward M. Abramson '57, Council President, reported he will meet with a City Council committee to discuss the parking problem today. He said also that the Housemasters' Committee will probably make a report on parietal rules in the near future.