Freshman Results

Six freshman teams went into action last weekend and compiled a creditable record of four victories and two losses.

The Yardling hockey team rolled to its thirteenth straight victory by smothering Brown, 6-0. For the Crimson, Dick Fischer led the way with a hat trick. The freshman wrestlers decisively downed Exeter, 21-9, as Paul Striker (137 lbs.), Joe Noble (145 lbs.), and Tedo Francis (Unlimited), all pinnned their opponents. ponents.

Joel Landau won the forty-yard dash and the fifty-yard high hurdles to lead the Yardling track team to an 80 2/3 to 28 1/3 win over Dartmouth. The freshman swimmers beat Brown, 54 to 21.

In squash, the freshman "B" team was upset 3 to 2 by Exeter, a team the Crimson had beaten 4 to 1 earlier this year. Captain Charlie Hamm at No. 1 and Pete Lund at No. 3 were the only winners for the Yardlings.

The freshman fencers lost by one point to Bradford-Durfee Technical Institute, 14 to 13. Anthony Enders was the stand-out performer for the Crimson, winning all of his three matches in epee competition.