Bunn, Everett Win Intercollegiate Bridge Title With Perfect Score

Eighty Colleges Enter

H. Franklin Bunn '57 and Boyd N. Everett Jr. '56 have won the national Inter-collegiate Bridge Tournament with a perfect score--an unusual showing for even the best of tournament champions. They finished with a score of nine pars out of nine possible.

Eighty colleges were represented in this tournament, which was held in the Lowell House Dining Hall. The annual contest is conducted similarly to the former "World Bridge Olympics." In tournaments of this type, contestants play with hands which have been previously prepared by bridge experts.

In this tournament, each team played these prearranged hands and tried to match certain par scores which have been determined by the director of the tournament. Geoffrey Mott-Smith, who was assisted by a group of consulting experts.

The situation for a team varied with the hands. In some they could make a par score by playing on the defensive. In others they had to make the bid established for them by the experts. Boyd and Everett won at every opportunity

Everett has been playing bridge for six years and last year was co-winner of the University Pair Bridge Championship. He is past President of the Bridge Club.

Bunn succeeded Everett as President of the Bridge Club. Two years ago he won the University Individual Bridge Championship. He has also been playing the game for about six years.