Sextet Battles Yale Tonight for Third Straight Ivy Crown

Team Primed After Victory by Huskies

By Charles Steedman

If the varsity hockey team had a tough time scoring on Northeastern goalie Bill Lawn, it may have nightmare trying to tally on Yale's George Scherer tonight in New Haven.

The Crimson will be primed for the game, since Tuesday's defeat by the Huskies has shattered any complacency and since a win tonight will give Harvard the Ivy League championship for the third straight year.

But Yale will be equally primed. Double victories over the varsity, tonight and next Saturday, will assure the Elis of at least a tie for the League title. There is also the hope of avenging two defeats at the hands of the Crimson last year, one by a humiliating 9-1 score.

Scherer is one of the keys to a team that has been hot and cold all year. Against Army, he alone prevented the Cadets from making it a runaway: in the 2-1 loss, he had 43 saves. In two contests with Princeton, he made 65 saves and allowed only six goals.

Yale coach Murray Murdoch moved Ken MacKenzie up to left wing on his first line with high-scoring John Akers and Captain Dave Ingalls against Middlebury on Wednesday. The line then scored five goals, three by MacKenzie, in leading Yale to a 6-5 win.

The Crimson's first-line center, Bob Cleary, may be unable to play tonight after receiving a painful shoulder injury in the closing muintes of the Northeastern game. If he can't play, Coach Cooney Weiland plans to use defenseman Dan Ullyot in his place, centering for Pete Summers and Lyle Guttu.       Goals  Goals   Won  Lost  For  Against Harvard  5  0  28  9 Yale  4  2  18  11