Adams Wins House Track

Takes Four Firsts

Adams House scored heavily in the running events of the house track meet yesterday, to win the team title. The Gold Costers took first places in four of the seven events, taking both the 100-yard dash and the 200, the 120-yard low hurdles, and the 440.

The final standings showed Adams with 43 1/2 points, to 36 1/2 for runner-up Eliot. Dunster placed third with 36 points, while Kirkland had 27, Lowell, 22 1/2, Winthrop,

Jim Damis of Adams took the 100 in :11.0, while Gold Coaster Frank Weller won two events, the hurdles and the 220. Jon Beecher won the 440, in :54.2

The other double winner in the meet was Joe Herlihy of Lowell, who took two of the field events, which were held Monday morning. He threw the 12-pound shot 49 feet, 9 1/2 inches, and the discus, 125 feet, 9 inches.

Irv Fuller of Eliot won the broad jump with a leap of 20 feet, 5 inches, while Fletcher Hodges, also of Eliot won the high jump, with a jump of 5 feet, 11 inches.

Winthrop's Wayne Lewis took the javelin, with a heave of 155 feet, 8 and three-eights of a inch.

Other Track Events

In the other running events, Bob Travis of Kirkland won the 880 in 2:09, while Dudley's Alden Carpenter won the mile with a sparkling 4:47.8

A Kirkland team of Bill Gerety, Dick Nye, Travis, and Bill Hooker annexed the 880 relay.

An interesting sidelight of the meet was provided by third-place Dunster. In all, a total of 82 men took part in both the field and running events. Thirty-five were from Dunster.

This marked the only spring event won by Adams. Eliot won both crew and golf. Kirkland won softball and Winthrop, tennis.