The Path to Public Service at SEAS

Should Supreme Court Justices Have Term Limits? That ‘Would Be Fine,’ Breyer Says at Harvard IOP Forum

Harvard Right to Life Hosts Anti-Abortion Event With Students For Life President

Harvard Researchers Debunk Popular Sleep Myths in New Study

Journalists Discuss Trump’s Effect on the GOP at Harvard IOP Forum

Varsity Swimming Team to Open League Competition at West Point

Tougher Opposition Expected

By Richard T. Cooper

The varsity swimming team will begin Eastern Intercollegiate League competition Saturday in the Cadet pool at West Point. The meet is expected to bear little resemblance to the Crimson's 69-17 exercise over M.I.T.

Recent illness is expected to lift in time for varsity captain Chouteau Dyer to return to the 50-yard freestyle. Dyer set a varsity record of :50.3 when he shifted to the 100-yard distance against M.I.T. in December.

West Point reputes to have a strong freestyler who would make a close race of it against Rodger Clifton or Ron Mischner, likely Crimson entrants, if Dyer cannot compete.

Other Cadet strength lies in the backstroke and in a potent medley relay team. The backstroke, recently a weak spot for the Crimson, may show renewed strength, since Bill Murray and John Trainer continue to improve.

Against the Cadet medley relay combination, varsity coach Hal Ulen will probably send Murray, Sigo Falk, Bill Hoadley, and Jon Lind. This team was successful against M.I.T., but should have some trouble at the Point.

John Hammond, who also clipped a varsity mark in the M.I.T. meet, is expected to take the butterfly. Bob Jaffe will probably also swim for the varsity. In the conventional breaststroke, Sigo or Dave Falk, or Hoadley will probably compete.

Winthrop, Clifton, Stu Ogden, and Lind won the 400-yard freestyle relay against M.I.T. and are likely to be the Crimson entry on Saturday.

Greg Stone, who piled up a 68 point victory in diving against M.I.T., will be on the boards for the Crimson Saturday. Duane Murner will also dive for the varsity. Murner finished third in the Tech contest.