Yale, Princeton Hope After 10-Loss Streak

The Yale varsity hockey team lost to Dartmouth Thursday night, 8 to 1, thereby drawing even with Princeton in the race for the season's longest losing streak. Both teams have now been beaten ten straight times.

The Elis, however, have at least managed to win this season and actually compiled most of the streak during a disastrous Western trip over Christmas vacation.

Princeton coach Dick Vaughan has yet to pilot his team to a win this year. The Tiger Alumni team illustrated the present dearth of talent by winning its first game from the varsity since 1937.

The Crimson administered Princeton's tenth defeat last week, 9 to 1, extending its domination over the Tigers to eight straight. The last Princeton triumph over the varsity was back in February 1953. And in the 95 meetings between these two teams in a series that started in 1902, the Crimson has won 63, lost 30, and tied 2.

Yale won't face the varsity until March 2. In a series dating back to 1900, Crimson sextets have won 64, lost 43, and tied 6.