The Path to Public Service at SEAS

Should Supreme Court Justices Have Term Limits? That ‘Would Be Fine,’ Breyer Says at Harvard IOP Forum

Harvard Right to Life Hosts Anti-Abortion Event With Students For Life President

Harvard Researchers Debunk Popular Sleep Myths in New Study

Journalists Discuss Trump’s Effect on the GOP at Harvard IOP Forum

Bush Named to Post in English

Douglas Bush, professor of English and a leading authority on Renaissance and seventeenth-century literature, has been named Gurney Professor of English literature, succeeding Hyder E. Rollins, who retired last July.

A graduate of the University of Toronto, he received his Ph.D. here in 1923 and was on the faculty of the University of Minnesota for nine years before returning to Harvard in 1936.

Widely known as a lecturer and teacher, Bush is also the author of many books on his field, and has contributed articles and reviews to several periodicals.

Previous holders of the Gurney Professorship have included George Lyman Kittredge and Fred Norris Robinson.

Wilson Appointed

Dean Bundy announced yesterday the appointment of Richard Wilson, British expert in high-energy physics, as associate professor of Physics.

During the past year, Wilson's research has contributed to major improvements in the University's cyclotron. He will work with the new six-billion-volt Cambridge Electron Accelerator which the University will construct in conjunction with M.I.T.

A native of London, he studied at Christ Church, Oxford, and has taught and done research at Oxford, the University of Rochester, and Stanford University. He joined the Harvard faculty in 1955 as assistant professor of Physics.