Crimson Hockey Team Will Be Weak for B.U. Contest Tonight

Higginbottom Definitely Out

By Bruce M. Reeves

For those who missed the Holiday Hockey Tournament there is a game in the Boston Arena tonight at 9 p.m. which promises to be just as exciting and tense as all of the tourney games combined.

The varsity hockey team, with six straight victories, will face Boston University, the team which gave it the most trouble in the recent tourney, and the Crimson may be minus two key players for the contest.

Second-line center George Higgenbottom, who was instrumental in the tourney win over B.U., will definitely be sidelined with a broken ankle, and first-line wing Paul Kelley may not be ready because of a back injury he received in a practice session last week.

Coach Cooney Weiland said last night that he would not decide whether to use Kelley until today, but it was likely that the fast sophomore would not play to avoid risk of further injuring his wrenched back.

Meanwhile, Terrier coach Harry Cleverly has indicated that his team will be "up" for the game. "We had a very bad night against Harvard last time," he said, "just as Harvard had a bad night against Providence in its opening game."

Cleverly added that he would be counting heavily on his offense, which took 38 shots at Captain Jim Bailey in the tourney game compared to the 26 which the Crimson got off at B.U. goalie Al Pitts.

Weiland said that if Kelley was benched, either Bob Owen, Bob McVey, or Bill Deford would move up to the first line with the defense positions being handled by the remaining pair.