The Path to Public Service at SEAS

Should Supreme Court Justices Have Term Limits? That ‘Would Be Fine,’ Breyer Says at Harvard IOP Forum

Harvard Right to Life Hosts Anti-Abortion Event With Students For Life President

Harvard Researchers Debunk Popular Sleep Myths in New Study

Journalists Discuss Trump’s Effect on the GOP at Harvard IOP Forum

Advance Study Group To Ask GSAS Alumni For 'Program' Gifts

The Harvard Foundation for Advanced Study and Research will set up a joint council with the administration of the "Program for Harvard College" to solicit alumni of the Graduate School of Arts and Sciences for the "Program."

Gordon Huggins '29, executive director of the Foundation, announced that this would necessarily be a "low-pressure" campaign, because the GSAS alumni in many cases owe their primary allegiance to other colleges.

He added, however, that solicitations would stress the idea of the relationship between the "Program" and benefits for the graduate schools. Included in a sample appeal are such examples as improved faculty salaries and better housing for married students.

An alumni association for the Graduate Schools of Design, Arts and Sciences, and Public Administration, the Foundation has a function similar to that of the "Program." It solicits these alumni annually, and obtains a "fluid fund" which it uses for research grants, usually to first-year graduate students whose work does not yet merit attention from a large institution such as the Ford Foundation.