Eisenhower to Propose Pooling All Western Satellite Knowledge; U.N. Halts Mid-East Crisis Talks

By The ASSOCIATED Press

WASHINGTON, Oct. 22--President Eisenhower and Secretary of States Dulles today outlined proposals for a Western scientific pool they reportedly favor in the missiles and satellites race with Russia.

They discussed this during a 70-minute White House meeting to lay the groundwork for Eisenhower's conference starting tomorrow with British Prime Minister Macmillan.

Macmillan, accompanied by his top scientific and foreign policy advisers, is due to arrive by plane tomorrow morning for three days of secret strategy talks.

White House press secretary James C. Hagerty declined to disclose the topics discussed by Eisenhower and Dulles during their advance strategy session today.

Syrian Debate Suspended

UNITED NATIONS, N.Y., Oct. 22--The U.N. tonight suspended for three days its bitter Middle East debate pending mediation efforts by King Saud of Saudi Arabia.

The three day suspension was proposed by Syria after the United States had suggested and Paraguay had formally proposed an indefinite waiting period.

The 82-nation General Assembly approved the delay by a vote of 37 to 10 with 34 abstentions.

Sentiments for delaying debate grew quickly among non-Communist delegations after U.S. Ambassador Henry Cabot Lodge welcomed the efforts by King Saud to mediate the crisis and appealed to Syria to match "the good faith" of Turkey by agreeing to take part in mediation talks.

Saigon Terrorists Strike

SAIGON, Oct. 22--Terrorist time bomb blasts injured 13 American servicemen and five Asians today while the city was playing host to a 21-nation conference on Asian aid.

The attacks apparently were aimed at damaging American prestige before an international audience.

Diplomatic sources said the Communist Vietminh apparently masterminded the blasts. They ripped a U.S. Information Agency library, a military bus and a hostel.

The anti-American manifestations seemed designed mainly to embarrass President Ngo Dinh Diem's anti-Communist Viet Nam government, one source said.