The Path to Public Service at SEAS

Should Supreme Court Justices Have Term Limits? That ‘Would Be Fine,’ Breyer Says at Harvard IOP Forum

Harvard Right to Life Hosts Anti-Abortion Event With Students For Life President

Harvard Researchers Debunk Popular Sleep Myths in New Study

Journalists Discuss Trump’s Effect on the GOP at Harvard IOP Forum

Khrushchev Plans Zhukov Purge, Moscow Correspondents Report; Soviet Proposes New UN Policy

By The ASSOCIATED Press

LONDON, Oct. 28--Unofficial reports from Moscow today said Marshal Georgi Zhukov has been fired from the ruling Presidium of the Soviet Communist party and is facing disgrace.

The reports come from members of Western diplomatic missions in Moscow. Indications were that Soviet Communist party boss Nikita Khruschev had called an urgent meeting of the party Central Committee, probably to affirm Zhukov's ouster as defense minister.

Khruschev made a similar move last June, when he summoned the full party Central Committee to confirm the purge of Georgi Malenkov, Lazar Kaganovich and V. M. Molotov from their party and government posts.

Disarmament Assembly

UNITED NATIONS, N. Y. Oct. 28--The Soviet Union proposed today that disarmament talks be switched from big power secret meetings to a public 82-nation "Little Assembly."

In a surprise move, Russia urged the abolition of the U. N.'s 12-nation disarmament commission and its 5-nation subcommittee.

The United States rejected the Russian proposal as impractical. A U. S. spokesman said, "it appears to indicate an unwillingness to negotiate."

The Western powers believe that secret meetings keep debate from turning into a propaganda battle.