The Path to Public Service at SEAS

Should Supreme Court Justices Have Term Limits? That ‘Would Be Fine,’ Breyer Says at Harvard IOP Forum

Harvard Right to Life Hosts Anti-Abortion Event With Students For Life President

Harvard Researchers Debunk Popular Sleep Myths in New Study

Journalists Discuss Trump’s Effect on the GOP at Harvard IOP Forum

Brooks House Could Decide Merger Issue

Not Under Control Of Activities Group

Dean Watson yesterday confirmed the opinion of the Phillips Brooks House Committee that PBH was outside the jurisdiction of the Faculty Committee on Extracurricular Activities.

The Committee, made up of Faculty members, is responsible directly to the Corporation, and thus may decide whether PBH should extend full-membership to Radcliffe associates.

Next Wednesday, the Committee will meet to consider integration of Annex members, according to George A. Buttrick, Preacher to the University and head of the PBH Committee and Association.

Both the University PBH group and its affiliate, the Radcliffe Volunteer Service Organization, favor combining their activities into one organization.

Watson pointed out that although PBH was a recognized organization, it also occupied a unique position because of its history, private endowment, and the fact that it owns its own property.

Therefore, should the PBH Committee decide to do so, it could extend full-membership to 'Cliffe members without the approval of the Harvard Faculty Committee on Extracurricular Activities.

Committee members contacted last night said that they approached the question of integration with "open minds." None had any specific objections.

Cora A. DuBois, Stone-Radcliffe Professor of Anthropology, said that integration "seemed like the natural thing to do." Commenting on the technicalities involved, she remarked, "I can't understand why there should even be an issue."