The Path to Public Service at SEAS

Should Supreme Court Justices Have Term Limits? That ‘Would Be Fine,’ Breyer Says at Harvard IOP Forum

Harvard Right to Life Hosts Anti-Abortion Event With Students For Life President

Harvard Researchers Debunk Popular Sleep Myths in New Study

Journalists Discuss Trump’s Effect on the GOP at Harvard IOP Forum

Turkish-Syrian Border Question Divides U.N. General Assembly; Ike Will Attend NATO Meeting

By The ASSOCIATED Press

UNITED NATIONS, N.Y., Oct. 30--Rival plans for settling the Syrian-Turkish border crisis were submitted to the U.N. General Assembly today. They reflected a split in the 82-nation body and it appears doubtful if either would get the required two-thirds approval.

Syria formally proposed that the Assembly appoint a seven-nation, fact-finding commission to investigate the situation on both sides of the border.

This move was countered immediately by a seven-nation resolution which merely expressed confidence that Secretary General Dag Hammarskjold is available to undertake tension-easing talks with Syria and Turkey, and if necessary make a trip to those countries. This resolution has the support of the United States.

Ike to Go to Paris

WASHINGTON, Oct. 30--President Eisenhower announced today that in the interests of bolstering "free world security" he plans to attend a NATO Council meeting in Paris in mid-December.

First, Eisenhower told a news conference, he will hold his annual session with congressional leaders of both parties. This, he said, will be "in the tradition of bipartisan responsibility for keeping the country on a single track in foreign relations."

As the President prepares for these conferences, he is still puzzled at the significance of Russia's dropping his postwar associate and acquaintance, Marshal Georgi Zhukov, as minister of defense.