Cross Country Squad Will Meet B.U. Today

The varsity cross country team, fresh from a close win over powerful Maine last weekend, should have considerably less trouble disposing of Boston University this afternoon. The meet will begin at 4 p.m., at Franklin Park.

B.U. will send two very good runners to the starting line in seniors George Hillier and Gene Ellis. Hillier is the marathon champion of Canada.

These two may well give Crimson aces Pete Reider and Dave Norris a real battle for the first places in the meet. But B.U. does not have the depth of the Crimson and, as in so many cross country meets, depth will probably be the decisive factor.

The Harvard lineup will be about the same as that used against Maine. Coach Bill McCurdy is looking for strong performances once again from Reider and Norris, who finished first and third respectively last Saturday. Norris covered the Franklin Park course 20 seconds faster than he has ever done before; and Reider came through with his usual winning performance, despite the fact that he is not yet in top condition.

Behind this pair, McCurdy will count heavily for the all-important depth on Dyke Benjamin, Eddie Martin, Mac Brown, Willie Thompson and Wes Hildreth.