Freshman CRIMSON Competition To Open Tonight for All Boards

The difficulty of a CRIMSON competition is usually exaggerated. Although hard work and previous experience are somewhat helpful, all that is really needed is a modicum of imagination and perseverance.

Working on the news board offers a chance to improve the quality and speed of your writing (a valuable asset on exams and papers) and an opportunity to meet Administration and faculty members.

Members of the editorial board are able to voice their opinions on international, national, and college topics, on movies, plays, musical performances, or art exhibitions.

The photo board has the use of the finest photographic equipment available, as well as the right to explore all parts of the Cambridge scene.

The business board gives prospective full-fledged members of society an opportunity to gain business experience before entering the coldness of the outside world.

All boards offer membership in an organization doing a worthwhile job, where you can daily bask in the results of your efforts. The CRIMSON offers challenge enough to produce people like James Bryant Conant '14 and Franklin D. Roosevelt '04, both presidents of the CRIMSON, who went on to become presidents of other worthwhile organizations. But one can also relax at the CRIMSON'S social functions.

If interested for any or all of the above reasons, or by the free beer, drop over to the CRIMSON, 14 Plympton St., this evening at 7:30 p.m., when the competition for freshmen will begin, to see if the CRIMSON will provide your most valuable Harvard activity.