CRIMSON Doors Will Open Again Tonight for Interested Competitors

The CRIMSON will again play host tonight to freshmen interested in becoming members of Cambridge's morning newspaper. Competition for one of the four boards is usually less rigorous than rumors indicate and forms a stimulating supplement to freshman education.

The CRIME operates on a budget of $100,000 and gives professional level opportunity for people interested in the commercial side of running a paper. Business board members have charge of sales, advertising and budgeting for the paper which offers experience almost as valuable as the school across the river.

The news board offers opportunities for interviewing prominent members of the University as well as being on the inside of Harvard events. Ferreting out unassigned news develops valuable journalistic ability.

Competitors for the editorial board can display talent in analyzing college and national affairs, writing reviews, and humorous material. Policies they present can influence about 10,000 readers.

The Photography board engraves all cuts as well as taking pictures. Competitors who do not need previous experience, are instructed in use of the various graphics and other cameras the paper owns.

Competition on any board involves the student's working on actual material for the paper. He is not given unrelated "heeling" tasks just for the sake of assigning work to him.

For details about all CRIMSON activities drop around to 14 Plympton St. at 7:30 this evening. Welcoming remarks will be washed down by beer and cokes.