News

The Path to Public Service at SEAS

News

Should Supreme Court Justices Have Term Limits? That ‘Would Be Fine,’ Breyer Says at Harvard IOP Forum

News

Harvard Right to Life Hosts Anti-Abortion Event With Students For Life President

News

Harvard Researchers Debunk Popular Sleep Myths in New Study

News

Journalists Discuss Trump’s Effect on the GOP at Harvard IOP Forum

Columbia Grad School Starts New Aid Fund

NO WRITER ATTRIBUTED

Private credit sources have joined with an alumni fund at the Columbia Graduate School of Business to provide a unique part-loan, part-aid scholarship plan now in full-scale operation.

"This plan is very important and very interesting because of its use of private sources," John U. Monro '34, Director of the Financial Aid Office, commented yesterday.

Under Columbia's plan, 40 percent of the amount needed by a student is given as an outright grant, provided by alumni, while the other 60 percent is loaned by the Bankers Trust Company. This year, the bank has loaned $37,500 to 63 students, while the alumni fund has provided $20,000.

Want to keep up with breaking news? Subscribe to our email newsletter.

Tags