New York Rugby Club Favored Over Weakened Crimson Today

Eight Starters Missing

The Crimson rugby team will have a hard job getting back into the winning column this afternoon, as a half-strength side travels down to Brooklyn to take on the experienced New York Rugby Club.

Occidental 'flu, hour exams, and last Saturday's Dartmouth match are the main reasons why eight of last week's team will be absent today.

Filling in for Jim Damis, with exams, and Captain Alan Waddell, with 'flu, at the halfback positions are centre Jim Doolan and forward Ash Hallett. Barrett Churchill and John Righter will play their first games for the first fifteen on the wings.

Rounding out the back line are Dave Holmes and Richard Carey, in the centres, and Steve Joseph at fullback. Starters Bob Downs, concussed last week, and Hal Churchill are missing.

Hardest hit are the forwards, amongst whom Geoff Locke (concusion), Phillip Monnot (sprained ankle), and Alastair Rellie (chest separation) were added to the injury list against Dartmouth. golf course. Reider moved past Morrison with a mile to go, opened up a ten-yard lead, and held it to the finish.

Reider's winning time of 25:11.5, while not exceptional, was outstanding considering the condition of the rain-soaked course and his lack of practice.

Earlier, freshman Jed Fitzgerald had thoroughly trounced Yale's heralded Tom Carroll, schoolboy 880 record-holder. He opened up a commanding 100-yard lead midway through the race and coasted to win by the same margin.

Captain Brandy Harrison and Bullpup Bill Bachrach staged a neck-and-neck sprint battle down the last 50 yards, with the Eli ace finally giving up. Harrison finished third, a scant ten yards behind Carroll.

Jacques LaFrance finished a solid fifth, but it remained for two darkhorses, Robin Nelson and Sam Young to apply the clincher, as they finished ninth and tenth, well ahead of Yale's fourth man