The Path to Public Service at SEAS

Should Supreme Court Justices Have Term Limits? That ‘Would Be Fine,’ Breyer Says at Harvard IOP Forum

Harvard Right to Life Hosts Anti-Abortion Event With Students For Life President

Harvard Researchers Debunk Popular Sleep Myths in New Study

Journalists Discuss Trump’s Effect on the GOP at Harvard IOP Forum

PBH to Re-Evaluate Role In Cambridge Community

A Phillips Brooks House committee study to determine the place of P.B.H. in the Cambridge community will be released in April, Murray H. Baldwin '59, chairman of the group, announced yesterday. The committee known as the Cambridge Project, will deliver a progress report to the Brooks Cabinet before Christmas, he said.

The main problem of the committee is to determine "what ought to be the role of P.B.H. in the Cambridge community and in the Harvard community." The proposals resulting from this study may serve to improve relations between the University and the community as a whole, Baldwin asserted.

"The Cambridge Project is aimed specifically at Cambridge, but if the group feels the necessity, it may involve the Greater Boston area," he stated.

The Committee members, Jo Ann Abraham '58 and Stephen A. Marglin '59 will first study the obligations of P.B.H. to the agencies it serves and to the students it provides, then determine how these two obligations conflict. Lastly, they will propose methods by which the two may be reconciled.

As an example of this conflict, Baldwin cited the Social Service Committee, which last Wednesday released a report outlining the obligations to both agencies and volunteers. Tension, the report said, develops from what should be two compatible concepts: the volunteer's dedication to service and his desire for an educational experience.