Shaunessy, Stahura Receive Spots On AP All-Ivy League First Team

The Crimson's captain-elect tackle Bob Shaunessy and halfback Walt Stahura were named to the first team of the Associated Press' All-Ivy League football team Wednesday.

In addition, 1957 captain Tom Hooper won an end berth on the second team and guard Pete Briggs and halfback Chet Boulris both received honorable mention.

Ivy League champion Princeton placed only one player, captain and blocking back John Sapoch, on the first team. However, they managed to get three onto the second team and three honorable mentions.

Yale Leads First Team

The Yale Bulldogs led the first team with three players: captain and guard John Embersits, end Mike Cavallon, and fullback Curtis Coker. One Eli made the second team and three honorable mention.

The first team also included end David Moss and guard Joseph Palermo from Dartmouth, tackle Joseph Hordubay of Penn, center Donald Warburton of Brown, and halfback Robert McAniff of Cornell. Last place Columbia was the only team without a representative on the first squad.

Dartmouth and Brown got two on the second team and Penn and Columbia one. Pennsylvania had five players and Cornell four on the honorable mention list.

Yale quarterback Dick Winterbauer led the second team backfield with Princeton backs Tom Morris and Fred Tiley and tackle Robert Casciola also on it. John Crouthamel of Dartmouth rounds out the second backfield.