Freshman and J.V. Football Squads Meet Tiger Teams Today

The Yardling football team, unbeaten in its first four games, faces another unbeaten power today when it meets the Princeon freshmen in a 10:30 game at Soldiers Field.

The game will pit Coach Henry Lamar's deceptive T-formation attack against the power plays of the Princeton single wing in a test of offensive patterns.

The strong defensive work of the Yardlings, however, may be the biggest single factor in the outcome of the game. In four previous games the Yardlings have allowed a total of only 12 points to be scored against them, while tallying an offensive total of 85 points.

For the Yardlings, the same starting lineup that ruined Cheshire last week should be ready for the Tigercubs today. Ravenal, Repsher, Haughie and Cohen will start in the backfield, with Lenzner, Nunez, Wang and Christenson playing in the center of the line. Messenbaugh and Aadalen will be at the ends, while Nelson and Pillsbury fill the tackle spots.

In another 10:30 game at Soldiers Field today, the injury-ridden junior varsity football team will be seeking its first win of the season against its Princeton counterpart.

With at least seven men sidelined by injuries, the J.V.'s will be reinforced by five varsity players who will dress for both J.V. and varsity games. One of these reinforcements, Al Cullen, may start in the backfield, along with J.V. regulars Marlowe, Newell and Capiello.

Snodgrass, George, and Brown are expected to start in the center of the line, with Bachinsky and Hathaway at the ends.