MBA Walkout Paralyzes N.Y.C. In Largest City Subway Strike; Doctors Allow Ike's NATO Trip

By The ASSOCIATED Press

NEW YORK, Dec. 10--A growing subway strike, worst in the city's history, converted New York today into a vast, hopeless traffic jam. Two-thirds of the city's rapid transit service was knocked out.

City buses, last barrier against a complete breakdown of municipal transportation in the city, became a new target of strikers during the day. Seven terminals were picketed, but the pickets withdrew at dusk.

The Transit Authority threatened the 6,000 strikers and sympathizers with dismissal if they did not return at once to work. Otherwise, all the TA was able to do was offer overtime pay and a 25 per cent bonus to non-striking underground employees.

Doctors Place No Limits

WASHINGTON, Dec. 10--Six doctors agreed today that President Eisenhower's "recovery to date is such that it permits him to attend the Paris meeing" of the NATO chiefs of state.

Accordingly, the White House said Eisenhower will take off Friday afternoon for the flight to Paris.

Because of the mild stroke Eisenhower suffered Nov. 25, it had been indefinite whether he would attend the Dec. 16-18 meeting of the North Atlantic Treaty Organization.

Doctors have imposed no limitations on Eisenhower's speaking or other activities, and the President will attend the same official or social gatherings he would have attended had he not been ill.

Dutch Refugees in Singapore

SINGAPORE, Dec. 10--The first planeloads of Dutch evicted from Indonesia arrived tonight.

The first 71 refugees were the advance guard of what may swell into a flood of thousands of Dutch nationals Indonesia is threatening to expel because the Netherlands refuse to yield West New Guinea. Holland granted independence to other islands in the area in 1949.

Of the 200,000 Dutch once in Indonesia, about 46,000 remain. Indonesian pronouncements have indicated nearly all except skilled technicians will be asked to leave.

Dulles Cites Administration

WASHINGTON, Dec. 10--Secretary of State Dulles fired back today at Democratic critics who contend the administration lacks a "sense of urgency" in moving to meet Russia's challenge.

At a news conference, he cited as evidence the decision to hold an unprecedented summit meeting of 15 Atlantic Pact nations in Paris next week.

Dulles vigorously disputed a reporter's suggestion that the Atlantic Pact conference was a sign of a "crisis of confidence" in American leadership of the alliance.