The Path to Public Service at SEAS

Should Supreme Court Justices Have Term Limits? That ‘Would Be Fine,’ Breyer Says at Harvard IOP Forum

Harvard Right to Life Hosts Anti-Abortion Event With Students For Life President

Harvard Researchers Debunk Popular Sleep Myths in New Study

Journalists Discuss Trump’s Effect on the GOP at Harvard IOP Forum

Two Independent Groups to Offer Plays in Spring

Two dramatic groups, independent of the University, will produce Desire Under The Elms and King Lear in the spring term of this year. The Independent Players will present O'Neill's play in the Pi Eta theater in late March, and John Eyre '58, will produce "King Lear" sometime in April.

The independent Players is a dramatic organization run by Harvard students, but unconnected with the College. It was formed less than a month ago by Victor N. Claman '58, Robert R. Evans '59, Barry Bartle '59, James R. Gillen '59, and several others. If this production is well received, the groups intends to give one or more plays a year here.

The O'Neill play is expected to run for two weeks, with five performances each week. If necessary, the group will rent equipment from other undergraduate dramatic groups. Hal Scott '57, Jo Linch '56, and Moira Wylie '60, will star in the presentation of "Lear" in which Bryant Haliday '49 and other professionals may also appear. Eyre has not decided which theater will be used for the production.