Twenty-One High School Editors Will Attend CRIME Conference

Twenty-one secondary school newspaper editors will attend the second annual CRIMSON Conference on Scholastic Journalism today and tomorrow.

Quincy Howe, news commentator, will be the featured speaker tomorrow morning after a series of special seminars on newspaper subjects. Tentative topics for the seminar discussions include censorship, news writing, editorials, photography, and financial problems. John U. Monro '34, Director of the Financial Aid Office, and Herbert Shaw of the University News Office will address the editors tonight.

The purpose of the Conference is to "offer some useful suggestions about publishing secondary school newspapers," CRIMSON president Adam Clymer '58 stated. The Conference will also include tours of the CRIMSON building and a chance to watch the Saturday morning issue going to press.

Crimeds will meet individually with the editors to discuss the strong and weak points of their newspapers. Several of the schools have already submitted copies for criticism.

Accommodations for the editors have been provided in the Houses or at Radcliffe, and the visitors will eat at the Houses. The Conference will start this afternoon with a tour of the campus, and will conclude after lunch tomorrow.

Schools accepting invitations include: Belmont Hill, Lowell High, Milton Academy, Moses Brown, Newton High,