Cleary Nets Once as Varsity Sextet Beats Tired AIC Team, 11-3

Bob Cleary scored five points in pacing the Crimson sextet to an 11-3 victory over A.I.C. Saturday night at Watson Rink. The losers, with only five spares, were hopelessly outmanned and showed signs of fatigue halfway through the first period.

At first the Crimson played raggedly, but in the last two frames the affair became little more than a passing and shooting drill for the home sextet. The weary visitors even took to resting up in the penalty box, while the 300 fans (some of whom had paid $2 to get in) denounced their misdeeds.

Besides Cleary, who scored once and had four assists, Lyle Guttu, with two goals and two assists, and Dick Fischer, with three goals, led the attack. Dan Ullyot, Bob McVey, Dave Vietze, Paul Kelley, and Leslie Duncan also netted for the victors.

Jim Bailey started in the nets, and performed creditably for the first two periods and until 6:22 of the third. Dick Cleary then replaced him and did not allow a goal. It should be recorded that what A.I.C. was most concerned with then was getting home to bed.