News

The Path to Public Service at SEAS

News

Should Supreme Court Justices Have Term Limits? That ‘Would Be Fine,’ Breyer Says at Harvard IOP Forum

News

Harvard Right to Life Hosts Anti-Abortion Event With Students For Life President

News

Harvard Researchers Debunk Popular Sleep Myths in New Study

News

Journalists Discuss Trump’s Effect on the GOP at Harvard IOP Forum

Grease Pot Causes Lowell House Fire

NO WRITER ATTRIBUTED

"We missed lunch, but we'll be back serving tonight, High Table and all," commented kitchen steward Pete Bowers on yesterday morning's Lowell House Dining Hall fire. The blaze broke out in the kitchen at about 10:20 a.m.

C. T. Tucker, the Dining Hall's General Manager, attributed the fire to a boiled-over grease kettle. He said that the kitchen fire extinguishers were used and additional equipment was brought in from the other halls. "The Cambridge Fire Department did an excellent job helping us," he added.

Want to keep up with breaking news? Subscribe to our email newsletter.

Tags