Squash Team to Oppose Dartmouth Here Today

Indians' Best Team Ever

The varsity squash team will go into today's match with Dartmouth a definite favorite, but will be nevertheless very cautious, since this Indian team is probably the best one coach Red Hoehn has ever had.

Dartmouth has never beaten Harvard in squash recquets and would like to catch the Crimson, with two defeats in its last three matches, in the grip of a mid-season slump.

At number one singles for Dartmouth will probably be the coach's son, Dick Hoehn. He was first man on last year's freshman squad at Dartmouth and was undefeated at that position. Hoehn, interscholastic squash champion while at Exeter two years ago, is regarded as one of the top squash prospects in this area, and should provide the Crimson's Ben Heckscher with a good match.

Following Hoehn will be junior Dan Pierson, a big, hard-hitting power player who led the freshman team two years ago but who was ineligible last season, and captain Aaron Daniels.

With a total of seven returning lettermen, plus Hoehn, John McDonough, and John Horan up from last year's freshman squad the Indians are certainly not to be regarded too lightly. They already hold a win over a traditionally strong Williams team which the Crimson has also defeated earlier this season, and will be out looking for their first win over a Big Three team.

Coach Jack Barnaby will stay with his usual lineup with undefeated Ben Heckscher leading the way followed by Cal Place, Larry Sears, Charlie Hamm, and Charlie MacVeagh at the top five singles positions.

The bottom four players, who thus far have shown a marked inexperience in tough match play, will attempt to make use of some of the hard knocks they received at the hands of Navy and Princeton and return to the victory column against Dartmouth.

The freshmen play the Dartmouth freshmen at 3 p.m. today at Hemenway.