The Path to Public Service at SEAS

Should Supreme Court Justices Have Term Limits? That ‘Would Be Fine,’ Breyer Says at Harvard IOP Forum

Harvard Right to Life Hosts Anti-Abortion Event With Students For Life President

Harvard Researchers Debunk Popular Sleep Myths in New Study

Journalists Discuss Trump’s Effect on the GOP at Harvard IOP Forum

Carroll Baker, Star of 'Baby Doll,' Made Pudding Woman-of-the-Year

Declines President's Kiss

Carroll (Baby Doll) Baker appeared in long brown hair and a loose brown wool dress yesterday afternoon to receive the annual Hasty Pudding "Woman-of-the-Year" award. A pudding pot and paper scroll in commemoration of the event were presented to her by Pudding President Henry C. Holmes '57 (above, right) while E. William Hanmer '57 (left) looked on.

In accepting the reward, Miss Baker commented in an Actor's Studio Southern drawl, "Ah nevah went to college, but if ah would have had the chance, ah would have chosen Harvard." Actually, Miss Baker left St. Petersburg Jr. College after one term.

After the official presentation at the Hasty Pudding Club, she posed for the many press photographers. When asked to kiss the Pudding President, she demurred, saying, "Let's not make it too corny."

May Play "Marjorie Morningstar"

The crowd of sixty applauded Miss Baker when her nomination for an Academy Award was announced. For her next film, Miss Baker hopes to play in "Marjorie Morningstar."

The ceremony helped publicize the Pudding's forthcoming 109th annual production, On the Rocks. In previous years, the award has gone to Mamie Eisenhower and Debbie Reynolds, among others.