The Path to Public Service at SEAS

Should Supreme Court Justices Have Term Limits? That ‘Would Be Fine,’ Breyer Says at Harvard IOP Forum

Harvard Right to Life Hosts Anti-Abortion Event With Students For Life President

Harvard Researchers Debunk Popular Sleep Myths in New Study

Journalists Discuss Trump’s Effect on the GOP at Harvard IOP Forum

Dulles, Eban Attempt to Resolve Troop Issue Without Sanctions; Ike, Mollet to Confer on Israel

By The ASSOCIATED Press

WASHINGTON, Feb. 24--The United States and Israel apparently agreed tonight on a new approach to the Israeli troop issue which they hope will resolve the latest Mideast crisis without United Nations action on sanctions.

Secretary of State Dulles and Israeli Ambassador Abba Eban announced after a protracted meeting that further consultation will be held here and at United Nations headquarters in New York.

"It is hoped that out of these discussions a solution will be found consistent with the principles of the United Nations," they said.

Mollet, Ike to Meet Today

PARIS, Feb. 24--French Premier Guy Mollet flies to Washington tonight for urgent conferences with President Eisenhower as a new split over the Middle East between the President and America's European allies widened.

Insistence of the President and Secretary of State John Foster Dulles on unconditional withdrawal by Israel from the Gaza Strip and Gulf of Aqaba area has touched off a new row. Britain and France are opposed to this policy combined as it is with the threat of economic, moral or military sanctions.

Israel asked Mollet and Foreign Minister Christian Pineau to plead its case with Eisenhower and Dulles in this country.

Israel Rejects U.N.

JERUSALEM, Israeli Sector, Feb. 24--A high-ranking Israeli official said today Israel could not regard the United Nations as a mediator in the area in the future should sanctions be invoked.