U.S., Israel, France Concur on Early Israeli Troop Withdrawal; Russell Blasts Ike Mideast Plan

By The ASSOCIATED Press

WASHINGTON, Feb.27--The United States, France and Israel apparently agreed tonight on a formula for early withdrawl of Israeli forces from two disputed Middle East areas.

Israeli's Foreign Minister Golda Meir and Ambassador Abba Eban met today with Dulles and French Foreign Minister Christian Pineau.

Later, Eban returned to the State Department for what officials called a long "working session" to commit to paper an agreement under which Israeli troops would begin withdrawl.

Eban talked again tonight with Dulles. Tomorrow he and Mrs. Meir again will confer with Dulles. An announcement is expected at the United Nations, possibly tomorrow, to report formally the breaking of the long deadlock on the issue.

Israel has refused to get out of the Gaza Strip and Sharm El Sheikh, which commands the mouth of the Gulf of Aquaba, without guarantees against Egyptian attack from these areas.

The United States, which has repeatedly called for Israel's withdrawl urged again today that Israel make a "voluntary withdrawal" in advance of any United Nations action against her.

Russell Attacks Ike's Mideast Plan

WASHINGTON, Feb. 27--Sen. Russell (D-Ga.), making a new effort to limit the scope of President Eisenhower's Middle East program, said today Congress was being asked to buy "a pig in the poke."

He urged the Senate to strip from the Middle East resolution the authority for Eisenhower to spend up to 200 million dollars on military and economic aid for Middle Eastern nations.

"We have been trying to get information about this secret program," said Russell, chairman of the Senate Armed Services Committee, "but they insist we jump into the dark."