Varsity Wrestlers Outclass Amherst

Capitalizing on three pins, a forfeit, and a decision, the varsity wrestlers downed Amherst 2 to 11, at Amherst Saturday afternoon he chalk up their third win against one loss.

Dave Sheels, at 123, swarmed all over Amherst's aim Dennis from the start of the match, but was unable to get his fall until one minute, nine seconds of the third period. He pinned his opponent with a double arm bar.

Captain Bob Gilmor at 167 got back into the win column, registering his third fall of the season, pinning Collin Dickson in 2:28 the first period with a half-nelson.

The other Crimson fall came in the 177-pound class, where Bob Foster threw Jerry Morgan in 4:27, also with a half-nelson. The extended his unbeaten string to fourth straight this year.

At 137, Bob Cook completely outclassed Amherst's Spencer Bloch, winning the decision 3 to 0, on an escape and a near-fall. Cook almost pinned Bloch at the edge of the mat, but the outside mat slipped, preventing him from getting the necessary everage.

In the closed match of the day, Joey Noble, at 147 lost his second of the year, as Bob Thompson chalked up a third period reverse and near-fall to take out a close 6-5 win.