Eastern Intercollegiate Swimmers Open 3-Day Meet at IAB Tonight

The three-day Invitation Individual Championships of the Eastern Intercollegiate Swimming League will open tonight at 7:30 p.m. in the I.A.B. pool with the 1,500 meter freestyle event.

Eight other finals will be run off Friday night at 8:30 p.m., and another seven at the same time Saturday. Trials in these events will be held Friday and Saturday afternoons at 2:30 p.m.

Thirty colleges will send swimmers to the meet, with Yale topping the list with 27 entries. There will be a total of 14 swimming events plus both high and low board diving.

Crimson captain Chouteau Dyer, who broke his own school and pool records in the 50 and 100-yard freestyle against Yale last week, will swim in both the sprints and the 220-yard freestyle. The Elis' Rex Aubrey, who last year won both the 50 and 100-yard events at the meet, will face Dyer in the sprints.

Besides Aubrey, the only defending champion in the meet, there will be Army's Frank Knight, who last year took the high board diving event. Also entered is the Elis' Tim Jecko, who last week lowered his own Intercollegiate mark in the butterfly.