U.N. Force To Enter Gaza, Aqaba As Israel Prepares Withdrawal; Dulles Denies Promises to Israel

By The ASSOCIATED Press

UNITED NATIONS, N.Y., March 1--The United Nations moved tonight to post its police forces in the Gaza Strip and along the Gulf of Aqaba as Israeli forces leave under the agreement announced today.

The Israeli decision, forecast last night by its U.N. delegation was put before the U.N. General Assembly by Foreign Minister Golda Meir.

The effect is to return Israeli soldiers to the positions they occupied before last October's invasion of Egypt--behind the 1949 armistice lines.

By withdrawing, Israel meets the demands of both the U.N. and President Eisenhower--and escapes the possibility of the punitive sanctions proposed by Arab neighbors in the U.N.

Mrs. Meir warned that Israel will fight back if violence flares up against Israeli shipping or Israeli territory--and appealed to the Arabs to work with Israel for development of the Middle East.

No U.S. "Concessions"

WASHINGTON, March 1--The United States tried today to convince the skeptical Arab world it made "no promises or concessions whatsoever" to win Israeli withdrawal from the two Middle East hot spots.

It was important to Arab acceptance of President Eisenhower's Middle East resolution that this idea be put across. But nine Arab envoys who talked it over with Secratary of State Dulles for an hour made no commitments--they told reporters afterward they would "wait and see."

The diplomats represent Egypt, Iraq, Jordan, Lebanon, Libya, Saudi Arabia, Sudan, Syria and Yemen.