Jazz: Best in Boston

WHRB is proud to offer the best radio jazz coverage in Boston. Whether you like to pound your foot to Dixieland or enjoy the modern sounds, you'll find a program to please your taste among our weekday jazz features, Monday through Friday at 7:30 p.m. You can hear a series of five programs, each presenting a different aspect of jazz.

On Monday, Sam Smith envelopes himself in a cloud of cigar smoke and makes pertinent comments concerning the latest releases on JAZZ '57.

On Tuesday and Wednesday, JAZZ WORKSHOP and JAZZ ROUNDTABLE offer the more scholastic approach to jazz. JAZZ WORKSHOP features the relaxed commentary of Reilly Atkinson on recordings and musicians of unusual interest. Producer Fred Stare dominates the panel discussion on JAZZ ROUNDTABLE.

Joel Wechsler has placed himself at the helm of Thursday night's JAZZ STEAMBOAT where he delights in satisfying traditionalists with a half-hour of pure Dixie and New Orleans jazz. And finally, every Friday Greg Dickerson is found behind the double glass windows; the name of the show which brings you the exciting sounds of the big bands is JAZZ BANDSTAND.

In addition to these five jazz features, WHRB presents JAZZ ENTREE Monday through Friday at 5:10 p.m. Jazz from all eras is presented with special emphasis on fine sounds, introduced in a slightly irrelevant but joyously brief fashion by Greg Dickerson.

Saturday is jazz day on WHRB. From 3 to 8 p.m. ACCENT ON JAZZ brings you a variety of sounds and jazzmen carefully selected for casual Saturday listening.

With this carefully selected variety of programs, WHRB can truly claim to present daily the finest in pop music and jazz.