Permanent Class Officers

John A. Simourian of Leverett House and Watertown, Mass. was elected First Marshal of the Class of 1957 in Permanent Class Committee elections yesterday. Charleton MacVeagh Jr. of Eliot House and St. Louis, Mo. and Edward M. Abramson of Lowell House and New Rochelle, N.Y. were elected second and third Class Marshals respectively in a very close contest which was only decided at 2:30 a.m this morning.

James L. Joslin of Eliot House and Norwood, Mass., was elected Member-at-Large of the Committee.

Simourian was a member of the freshman and varsity football teams and captain of his freshman and varsity baseball teams. He is on the Undergraduate Athletic Council and is a member of the Pi Eta Club and Hasty Pudding.

MacVeagh is on the varsity squash and soccer teams. He is president of the Hasty Pudding and has acted in the Pudding Show and Drumbeats and Song, the Radcliffe SGA production.

Abramson has been Treasurer and President of the Student Council and has worked for P.B.H. and WHRB.

Joslin is President of the Pi Eta Club and a member of the Hasty Pudding. He was on the varsity football team and has played rugby, House basketball, and track.

Eight more members of the Committee, one from each House, remain to be elected.