The Path to Public Service at SEAS

Should Supreme Court Justices Have Term Limits? That ‘Would Be Fine,’ Breyer Says at Harvard IOP Forum

Harvard Right to Life Hosts Anti-Abortion Event With Students For Life President

Harvard Researchers Debunk Popular Sleep Myths in New Study

Journalists Discuss Trump’s Effect on the GOP at Harvard IOP Forum

Republican House Leaders Back Summerfield Request for Funds; Senators Deny Civil Rights Dea

By The ASSOCIATED Press

WASHINGTON, April 9--Republican House leaders agreed today to back Post master General Summerfield's request for an extra 47 million dollars to maintain full postal services through June 30.

But Rep. Cannon (D-Mo.) told the House "don't be alarmed, don't be stampeded by Summerfield's demands. Cannon is chairman of the House Appropriations Committee.

"It's not going to destroy the republic," Cannon said in a floor speech, if the postmaster general carries out his threat to curtail mail services drastically for the balance of the fiscal year.

Republicans Deny Deal

WASHINGTON, April 9--Republican congressional leaders said today they have no "deal" with Southern Democrats to delay action on civil rights legislation for another year. Sen. Eastland (D-Miss.) agreed there is no such arrangement.

Senate GOP leader Knowland (Calif.) and House Republican chief Martin (Mass.) told newsmen there was nothing to such reports--that, in fact, they look for early action in both the Senate and House on Eisenhower's civil rights program.

Hungary Expels U.S. Attache

BUDAPEST, Hungary, April 9--The Hungarian government gave an expulsion notice with a 48-hour time limit today to Capt. Thomas R. Gleason, U.S. assistant military attache, as the result of a picture-taking incident.

The U.S. legation denied the Communist government's charge that Capt. Gleason had been guilty of "open espionage." A legation spokesman said the charges were "largely inaccurate" and did not constitute espionage under international usage.