Political Forum's UN Army Debate Set for April 29

A Political Forum debate on whether "We Should Support a Permanent U.N. Police Force" has been scheduled for April 29, Roger C. Algase, secretary of the Harvard Liberal Union, announced last night.

Sponsored by the HLU, the debate represents the first program of the Forum since its dissolution in April of last year. At that time refusal of the Young Republican Club to join the group hampered the club's plans and eventually resulted in its disorganization.

The chief difficulty the planning committee has experienced this year in plans for the revival of the Forum has been in finding a member club that is willing to oppose this resolution for the U.N. force.

Emphasizing that the member groups have not aligned themselves along party lines in the proposed debate, Algase noted that the HLU and the Eisenhower Club, generally on opposite sides of the political fence, are both split in their opinions on the topic.

The purpose of the Forum, as seen by its sponsors, is "to effect a closer degree of cooperation among the political clubs on campus," and "to increase student interest in political topics."