Tennis Team To Face B.U. Here Today

The varsity tennis team will play another practice-type match this afternoon when it faces Boston University on the Soldiers Field courts. The Crimson will be going after its ninth win of the season, and its second since returning from the South.

The BU squad is not expected to provide very serious opposition for coach Jack Barnaby's players, and the Crimson coach will again be provided with an opportunity to test his lower ranking players in various doubles combinations against the top of the BU lineup.

The singles players will be the same as on Wednesday. Dale Junta will be in the first singles spot, followed by Steve Gottlieb at second singles. Larry Sears, who recently moved past Ben Heckscher in the varsity seeding, will hold down the third position, and Cal Place will round out the top four. Captain Ian Gianetti and Phil Mills will play fifth and sixth singles.

The doubles combinations are not definite, but if the varsity sweeps the singles, as, in all probabilty, it will, the top singles men will probably see no doubles action.

The freshman tennis team defeated a strong Choate squad yesterday on the opponents' courts, 8 to 0.

Although the match score indicates an easy victory, several of the individual contests were quite close. Tim Gallwey, Denny Briggs, Dave Scott and Al Wolf, at first, third, fifth and sixth singles respectively, all had tough fights before pulling out victories.